Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Best Ever Fried Chicken

For the past two years the day after Christmas we make fried chicken and waffles for breakfast for all the family that sleeps over on Christmas night and it's a big hit. This recipe is fantastic. We are having work done on our kitchen this week so my oven and microwave are out of commission & I have been using my deep fryer more than I usually do & my boys couldn't be happier about it! Below is my recipe for fried chicken.. Hope you enjoy!

INGREDIENTS:
4 tbsp salt
3 tbsp fresh ground pepper
2 tbsp cayenne
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dry mustard
2 cups flour
8 drumsticks, 8 thighs
4 cups buttermilk
Canola oil

Mix spices in one bowl adding half to flour in seperate bowl. With remaining spices rub chicken. Poke chicken with fork to aid in flavor absorption. Pour buttermilk over chicken to marinate overnight. When ready to cook dredge chicken in flour & spice mix. Add to oil heated to 360 degrees. Cook @ 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.