Saturday, June 11, 2011

Nicholas Sparks - Author of my heart!!

Just when I thought Nicholas Sparks couldn't get any better!!!  My first novel of Mr. Sparks was The Notebook.. wow. I was one of the few who had not seen the movie and I feel so lucky for that!!  Reading a book before seeing it on film is so much better because the canvas of your mind is empty... there are no images or preconceived impressions of the character's personality (which on film often reflects the actor rather than the true written character).  I cried my eyes out over the pages of this book- then watched the movie and was not impressed by the cheesy love scenes and felt so much was lost!! Well, on to Last Song and Dear John.....  more gutwrenching crying and heartfelt ooey gooey good emotion!!  I cannot say enough about this author.. I plan to read every single one of his books by the end of the summer :)