Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Whistlin Bill" aka "Superbird" is actually a GIRL !!

On Fathers day we were in for quite a surprise when my son came running out to say the bird just laid an egg. My husband and I initially didnt believe him and went running in to see. We were told the bird was a he and all his markings were pointing to this assumption as well. My hopes that it was a real egg came crashing down (we adopted him recently from my vet- he was found in the wild) when a few friends told me this is actually very common that their birds did the same thing. My son said to me "she laid an egg on fathers day as a present" it melted my heart away as he always does :)  I am however starting feel bad for the bird... she keeps sitting on it and is very protective of it. Eventually I am going to be a bird abductor when I take that egg away!!