Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Jalapeno Cornbread

I found this reipe on a blog I follow called Closet Cooking. He makes the most amazing and creative dishes.. he is one of my favorites! The only recomendation I would make to this dish is to add more sugar or even honey.. didnt seem sweet enough for my taste but was sooo good and super easy to make! I used the picture from his website but I swear mine turned out just as beautiful (amazingly!!) I made sure to make a batch of 5 alarm chili as well so we can enjoy left overs for the rest of the week!


Tis the season for holiday eatin' :)

Jalapeno Cornbread

Jalapeno Cornbread
  • 1 cup buttermilk (or milk)
  • 1/4 cup oil, butter or bacon grease
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced
  1. Mix the buttermilk, oil and eggs.
  2. Mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
  3. Mix the dry ingredients in to the wet and then mix in the jalapeno peppers.
  4. Pour the Mixture into a grease 9x5 inch loaf pan and bake in a preheated 375F oven until a toothpick pushed in the center comes out clean, about 30-40 minutes.