Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pan Seared Pork w/ Reisling Brown Sugared Apples

Ok.. this is seriously good! This is the second time I have made this and I still just love it! The first time I used a pork loin but this time I just used porch chops & instead of Reisluing I used Chardonay and it still turned out great!  So as for the ingredients: 4 tbsp of butter (2 for the apples and 2 for the pork) 4 tbsp brown sugar, 3-4 apples peeled & cut into 1/8 slices, 1.5 lb pork tenderloin (or chops), 1 cup Reisling (I used more like 2 cups of Chard because I used 5 apples), 2.5 cups chicken broth........................Now for the instructions: Melt 2 tbsp of butter and brown sugar in first pan until tender.. recipe said 4 min per side but I did it dbl.. you want them nice & brown and tender. In second pan add 2 tbsp butter and add salted & peppered pork fry for about 7 min per side until cooked. Remove pork and add in wine to pan to deglaze and reduce. Once reduced add chicken stock and let reduce more @ 15 min or so. Once Reduced add in apple mixture, mix and serve over pork. Sooo very good!