Monday, August 4, 2014

Back to LIVING IN THE NOW & counting all my blessings


I cannot believe it has been so long since posting on this blog. My sole purpose of initially starting this project was to record wonderful recipes of foods I have cooked or books that I have read. I have a tendency to be enthralled in a good story to whereas I stay up through the night to read only to sadly forget it’s storyline or the enjoyment I received from it. On vacation this summer I was discussing books with my aunt and couldn’t remember reading a book that I apparently raved about on facebook. It was then I decided to start writing here again.

The past year I have spent chasing unfulfilled childhood dreams and trying to insert myself into a world I didn’t fit into. It took me sustaining a broken arm, several false friends and blowing A TON (like a year or two’s  worth of college tuition TON) to realize the saying “It’s never too late to follow your dreams” is not only false but often irresponsible too. Just because YOU CAN.. doesn’t mean it’s a good idea.

Which leads me back to why I am here. I am no longer looking elsewhere for a definition of “who I am”  or “where I belong” but rather knowing I am already proudly doing it. I have a wonderful life denied to many.  I am fortunate to be able to be “just a mom” with a physically able body, a mind that loves to explore, hands that can create, a beautiful home and a husband that still loves me even after all these years.  I seek nothing but ways to improve what I have already been blessed with.  Cheers!! It’s good to be back :)