Thursday, August 7, 2014

Who says Mexican can't be healthy?


































I love Mexican food but often feel too guilty to enjoy it but these were delicious and so good for you too!! The only thing prepackaged were the flour tortillas but once I get my tortilla press I will be making those from scratch too ;) I originally got this recipe from Pinterest where it is all over the place labeled spinach and black bean enchiladas but I added chicken (for my carnivorous husband) and red pepper  for color. Here she is!!

FOR THE SAUCE:

3 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp. EVOO
2 tsp cumin
1/4tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
S & P

FOR THE ENCHILADA STUFFING:

15 oz can black beans rinsed & drained
1.5 cups thawed frozen corn
6 oz fresh spinach (cooked and drained prior to adding)
6 green onions, sliced
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
3 cups shredded cheese (reserve 1 cup for the top)
6-8 flour tortillas

To make sauce heat EVOO and spices and flour until bubbly. Slowly add in broth and whisk. Combine all ingredients for stuffing. Spray casserole pan with PAM and ladle sauce on bottom to prevent sticking. Wrap up enchiladas top them with sauce and cheese and bake for 30 minutes at 375. That's it.. super easy & super delish!