Sunday, January 1, 2012

Whole Foods Copy-Cat Recipe!!

I did it!!  I did it!!  I managed to rock out one of the Whole Foods prepared food section's salads!!  I attempted to make 2.. the brown rice salad & the smoked mozzarella pasta salad. The latter of the two needs a bit of work. The texture of the parmesean cream sauce was not right.. I am thinking they used a greek yogurt instead of a mayonaise base. I also could not find smoked mozzarella anywhere and used smoked gouda instead... soooo that one is still a work in progress. I might have to go in there and sneak a picture of the ingredient list HA!! 

But the rice salad on the otherhand WAS DELICIOUS!!!  I was AMAZED how refreshing and good it was.. but BEWARE it is only good the evening you cook it as it dries out. I am not sure if it's because the brown rice absorbs so much or if it was because I had it in a Pyrex dish with a non-air-tight glass lid... but anyhow - just an FYI to you. Also.. this recipe is ALOT -next time I make it I plan to cut it in half. Oh & olives might be good in this as well :) Enough blabbering.. ...here she is .... enjoy!!

3 cups brown rice
1 can chick peas
3/4 cup finely chopped feta
2/3 cup diced roasted red peppers
1 diced cucumber
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
3 scallions

SAUCE
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 garlic cloves minced
1/4 cup EVOO
s&p