Sunday, May 3, 2015

Barefoot Contessa's 1770 House Meatloaf

We already have a house favorite meatloaf recipe from America's Test Kitchen but I decided to switch it up and try a new recipe I found on Pinterest originally stemming from my one of favorite cooks Barefoot Contessa & boy am I glad i did! It was truly so delicious and I'm not even a fan of meatloaf but the boys in the house are so it tends to get made alot! I took my own pictures but somehow they got deleted from my cell phone so unfortunately this is not an original picture...but I swear I made it and it was so good. FYI - I used only ground beef and ground pork not veal. 

1 pound of ground veal
1 pound of ground pork 
1 pound of ground beef 
1 tablespoon of chopped chives +1 teaspoon for the sauce 
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves +1 teaspoon for the sauce
1 tablespoon of chopped Italian parsley +1 teaspoon for the sauce
3 large eggs 
1 1/3 of a cup of  Panko 
2/3 cup of a cup of whole milk 
1 tablespoon of salt 
1 1/2 teaspoons of ground pepper
EVOO
2 stalks of diced celery 
large diced onion 
2 cups of chicken stock
8 to 10 cloves of garlic chopped minced smashed ;)
3 tablespoons of butter

Sauté celery and onion in olive oil let cool- then add to bowl of meat, chives, thyme,parsley, eggs, Panko,milk, S&P and mix. Place in greased baking pan or on wire rack bake in 350° oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until internal temperature is 155 to 160°. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, for sauce combine broth garlic and butter over medium high heat and simmer 15 minutes until thickened. Add 1 teaspoon of the thyme,chives and parsley the sauce will eventually thicken and butter will eventually slightly brown. Enjoy!!